November 14th, 2014
« Older Entries
- Reduces inflammation of the skin.
- Superb for patients with Eczema, Psoriasis or Rosacea.
- Burns – promotes faster healing.
- Minimizes pain and possible scarring. Wonderful for kitchen and curling iron burns.
- Joints – reduces pain, swelling and stiffness. Arthritis patients love it!
- Wounds – when applied to recent wounds it accelerates healing and reduces scar tissue formation.
- Anti-inflammatory – quickly dissipates redness.
- Insect bites crave this! Stinging and itching are quickly stopped when applied.
E2 Lipid Crème
- Highly effective moisturizer – greaseless, mild to the skin and rapidly absorbed by the skin.
- Loaded with Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids
- Fragrance-free – Use day or night. Fabulous under makeup
- Skin remains moist 3-4 times longer than traditional moisturizers.
- Great after shaving!
- Improves the body’s normal healing process.
Try one or both of these amazing products. You will love it, too!
November 7th, 2014
« Older Entries
As fall weather approaches cooler, drier air will play havoc with our skin. Just like the summer clothes that fill your closet, it is time to put a few pieces away that simply do not work with the change in weather. It is no different with your skin care products and even your regimen. Here are tips for fall to keep your skin looking beautiful and healthy.
- Reassess your body cleanser: you want moisture laden ingredients like ahas (lactic acid), vitamin B…Give our Smooth As Silk Cleanser a try.
- Use a body polish: you want to exfoliate more often due to the more drying effects of fall. Do not use scrubs as they scratch the skin. Our Exfoliating Cleanser is loaded with jojoba spheres in a moisturizing base.
- Moisturize daily: Hydrate your skin as cooler, drier air saps your skin of water and oils. Serums are perfect. Try Grape Seed Serum and E2 Lipid Hand and Body Lotion.
- Mask weekly: Hydrating Masks will deliver nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins to your face. Try Hydrofusion™ Strawberries & Crème or Pro-C® Moisturizing Masks.
- Sunscreen: Your #1 nemesis for healthy skin never stops. In fact UVA radiation is always at 100% potency from sunrise to sunset, rain or shine. Use Pro-Tect® SPF20 or SPF30+.
- Remember Your Feet: sandals, open toe shoes or simply going barefoot are replaced with closed toe shoes and boots. Take care of them so you can pop back in your sandals when the time comes. Power Beads Body Polish is perfect.
- Nail care needs help too: One tell-tale sign of cold weather is dry cuticles. Use our N2S Cuticle and Nail Conditioner 10 seconds three times a week can quickly take care of the cracked skin and nails and will keep a painful issue at bay.
- Treat your hair: Hair becomes drier and more brittle. Use hair dryers less often or shorten your usage time as they dry out the scalp. A great trick is to add 1 drop of our Grape Seed Serum to your shampoo when you wash your hair.
- Lips need help, too: Do not lick your lips as they will chap faster. Keep our Pro-Tect® SPF20 Lip Balm in your pocket or purse.
October 31st, 2014
« Older Entries
Salicylic Acid (SA) is a Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) derived from willow tree bark, used to help clear and prevent acne pimples and blemishes. SA is in a class of medications called keratolytic agents, which are exfoliating ingredients. It actually penetrates into pores, dissolves dead skin build-up and sheds the top layer of skin and prevents pores from becoming trapped.
SA also treats acne by reducing swelling and redness and is effective at clearing mild acne without drying the skin. However, it has no effect on Propioni bacteria found in acne.
You can expect to see full results within a few weeks of using topical SA to treat acne or certain other skin conditions, Your condition may worsen during the first few days as the cleanser begins to open and cleanse the pores. It should be applied even after the acne has cleared to continue its exfoliating and cleansing benefits.
To prevent dryness or irritation, apply less often at first, and then gradually increase the application process after your skin has adjusted to treatment. Carefully follow the directions on the package label as it will tell you how to prepare your skin before you apply the cleanser.
Since salicylic acid can be slightly drying to the surface of the skin, it is advised not to use it with topical acne prescriptions, aggressive cleansers or astringents. For the best results, a balanced acne regimen with moisturizing and soothing products is recommended. Pregnant and nursing women should check with their physician about using salicylic acid since some advise against it.
B-Kleer™ Salcid™ Acne Face & Body Wash
is a light, uplifting and refreshing cleanser that helps control and possibly eliminate mild to moderate breakouts. This gentle yet powerful formula utilizes a long-proven acne fighting ingredient that can prevent breakouts without over-drying or irritating your skin. This wash will rinse clean while leaving your skin feeling fresher, softer and smoother. is a light, uplifting and refreshing cleanser that helps control and possibly eliminate mild to moderate breakouts. This gentle yet powerful formula utilizes a long-proven acne fighting ingredient that can prevent breakouts without over-drying or irritating your skin. This wash will rinse clean while leaving your skin feeling fresher, softer and smoother.
October 24th, 2014
« Older Entries
Hair Regrowth That Works
There are many forms of hair loss with treatments galore that claim to restore a full head of hair and we should not underestimate the stigma associated with hair loss. The good news is that as long as you have some hair, or if dealing with radiation and cancer, once your treatments end, regrowth can occur.
Most programs today are expensive and range from topical products, specialized lasers that stimulate the scalp to oral prescription medication. Our policy has always been to offer high quality and high efficacy at moderate pricing.
Within the first two weeks you will begin to have a much cleaner scalp from the build-up of waxes [created by shampoos and other hair care products] and there will be a significant drop-off of hair fallout. Over the next three to six month you will see real hairs, not just peach fuzz, as your hair will grow in fuller and thicker.
For our cancer patients, due to skin sensitivity which often accompanies chemotherapy, we recommend using these products two weeks following your last round of chemotherapy. Our products will help your hair come back faster and in the healthiest condition possible, though it will often return in a different color due to the damage to the hair cells by the chemo.
Our Professional Hair Growth System Kit is simple to use. We have 4 essential products that need to be used daily and will require 4 – 6 minutes during and following your bath or shower.
October 16th, 2014
« Older Entries
Begin by looking at your breasts in the mirror with your shoulders straight and your arms on your hips. Here’s what you should look for:
*Breasts that are their usual size, shape, and color
*Breasts that are evenly shaped without visible distortion or swelling.
If you see any of the following changes, bring them to your doctor’s attention:
* Dimpling, puckering, or bulging of the skin
* A nipple that has changed position or an inverted nipple (pushed inward instead of sticking out)
* Redness, soreness, rash, or swelling
Now, raise your arms and look for the same changes.
While you’re at the mirror, look for any signs of fluid coming out of one or both nipples (this could be a watery, milky, yellow fluid or blood).
Next, feel your breasts while lying down, using your right hand to feel your left breast and then your left hand to feel your right breast. Use a firm, smooth touch with the first few finger pads of your hand, keeping the fingers flat and together. Use a circular motion, about the size of a quarter.
Cover the entire breast from top to bottom, side to side – from your collarbone to the top of your abdomen, and from your armpit to your cleavage. Follow a pattern to be sure that you cover the whole breast. You can begin at the nipple, moving in larger and larger circles until you reach the outer edge of the breast. You can also move your fingers up and down vertically, in rows, as if you were mowing a lawn. This up-and-down approach seems to work best for most women. Be sure to feel all the tissue from the front to the back of your breasts: for the skin and tissue just beneath, use light pressure; use medium pressure for tissue in the middle of your breasts; use firm pressure for the deep tissue in the back. When you’ve reached the deep tissue, you should be able to feel down to your rib cage.
February 21st, 2014
« Older Entries
Antisepation™ Antimicrobial Cleansing Gel
Think that most antiseptic and/or antimicrobial cleansers KILL all or most bacteria? Better think again.
- FACT: Most antibacterial agents and cleansers take 30 seconds to work.
- FACT: Most do not kill anywhere near 99% of harmful bacteria
- FACT: Most contain drying alcohols, which leaves skin vulnerable.
- FACT: Most people only cleanse up to 5 seconds.
- FACT: This all results in increased harmful bacteria.
Worried about H1N1, MRSA, or the seasonal flu? Anticipate it and fight it! Antisepation™ gel now comes in a new size, a 2.0 oz. travel bottle, as well as a 1.7 oz. foamer, both perfect for your purse, backpack, pocket or carry–on at the airport. Antiseption also kills 99.6 percent of MRSA within 2 minutes!
February 21st, 2014
« Older Entries
Present-day alarmists who utilize scare tactics by telling you how bad every ingredient is for you may be doing so purely for personal gain. We receive calls daily from medical patients to our professional accounts asking why we use ingredients that are ‘bad for you’. But, are they really bad for you?
First, are they legitimate questions? The proper answer is typically an emphatic ‘no’. Are they good questions? Yes, so let me explain as briefly as possible.
In the vast majority of ingredient questions, we tend to find individuals asking about ingredients based on something heard, read, or seen. My first question is where did the information come from and was there a legitimate, double-blind study to support it. Then, who or what is the source of the information. That being said, I can honestly state that most (70%) information on the internet and what we see in the media from tabloids to newspapers to talk-shows is not accurate.
Now, as an FDA registered firm, we must abide by the FDA regulations from packaging to text to what we use and can say about those ingredients. Are you aware that more than 80 percent of the skin care and make up industry is not regulated by the FDA! Companies can say whatever they want when they want until they hurt someone, or someone within the industry turns them in to the FDA for inaccurate ads or comments, at which time the FDA will being to investigate.
- We are very concerned and critical of raw materials that we can and do use.
- We do not use ingredients that are toxic.
- We are very critical of using the least amount of anything that can cause contact dermatitis. Remember, everything we do starts with Dermatology and Oncology patients in a professional medical setting.
- We utilize pharmaceutical-grade (99.9% pure) in most instances. We prefer not to use ‘cosmetic-grade’ ingredients as most firms do simply to save money. These already, by law, many contain up to 70 percent contaminants (bacteria) when they are made.
- I can go on-and-on but it will be easier to address ingredients each and every month to give you the truth about what an ingredient is, does along with the medical and scientific studies or lack of them offer.
Should you have any question on a skin care ingredient, whether we use it or not, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will try to answer your question.
February 7th, 2014
« Older Entries
Reprev™ Cancer Skincare Line
Chemotherapy and radiation can create severe skincare problems including tissue burns, cracking tissue, chafing skin, severe nail changes and infection. Therefore, it is important to use gentle products on your skin, minimize the use of ingredients, especially fragrance and drying alcohols (ethyl, isopropyl), and find items that offer significant improvement in moisture levels both short and long term.
The basic program should be a simple regimen that includes cleansing, moisturizing, and most importantly protecting your skin to minimize embattled issues:
Cleansing: Use a mild, gentle cleanser that is as close to pH neutral (‘balanced’ or pH 7.0) as possible. You should also have an antiseptic cleanser, also alcohol-free and preferably with maximum strength benzathonium chloride to kill virtually all bacteria on instant contact. Gentle cleansing 2 – 3 times daily; do not scrub to help hold the oils in your skin.
Moisturize: Add moisturizer to affected areas numerous times daily. It should be light in feel and fragrance-free. Consider a crème for the face, a lotion for the body, and oil or serum for more difficult areas.
Protect: Radiation, chemotherapy and oral medicines contribute to increased photo-sensitivity on the skin. It is critical that all cancer patients and survivors wear a significantly high broad spectrum sunscreen (UVA and UVB) that is grease-less, fragrance-free, high broad-spectrum protection, does not break down when you perspire or go into water, should last all day without having to reapply, and contains moisturizing elements like Aloe Vera, which also calms your skin, and Vitamin E, which is also a potent antioxidant. High broad-spectrum does not mean a high SPF value. Call us for details.
FabSkin247 by A-Cute Derm offers a complete line of skin care products, under our Reprev™ skincare line. These products are specifically designed for individuals who are being treated for cancer and post-care needs.
January 30th, 2014
« Older Entries
Anti–Aging Skincare is based on four major components. You need all four to offer the greatest efficacy and to improve your skin long term.
1. AHA / Glycolic Acid should be your treatment of choice. Non–buffered Glycolic at 8% or higher does more for the skin than any other ingredient ever known. Over 98 percent of the glycolic sold is buffered so the overall efficacy is reduced. The Non-Buffered ingredient is offered by FabSkin247 for A-Cute Derm.
2. Antioxidants like A-Cute Derm’s Tri-Complex 5 and our Grape Seed Serum are the little fighters that gobble up the free radical damage mainly caused by sunlight and tanning beds that accelerate the aging aging of the skin.
3. Vitamins help build or rebuild tissue bringing it back to a healthier state or what we classify as skin normalization. Your skin needs vitamins and too many times you do not eat enough fresh food to get them. Try our Pro-C Antioxidant Serum to give your skin a fresh glow.
4. Protection is the best defense against ultra violet damage. Your sunscreen will help you weather the storm. A great sunscreen will protect you from receiving much, if any, further damage. There is no better sunscreen on the market than A-Cute Derm’s Pro-Tect 20. It outperforms much higher SPF’s, and it lasts for 24 hours!
June 15th, 2012
« Older Entries
From beach adventures to cook-outs, biking, hiking, taking a walk or just relaxing outside while reading a good book, our skin is exposed to the sun during the summer more than any other time of the year. Having fun in the sun is one thing, but what happens if you get too much sun? Here is what we recommend:
- Keep it cool. Take a vinegar bath. Run a tub as cool as you possibly can. Add 1-2 gallons (yes, gallons!) of vinegar and soak. The acetic acid in vinegar soothes the pain and moisturizes sunburned skin – just what you need to feel better fast while minimizing unsightly peeling later. Not practical to bathe right away? Fill a spray bottle with vinegar and use it to apply to sunburned areas of your body. Use a cotton ball to apply vinegar to your face. Reapply every few hours as needed.
- Take an aspirin. Aspirin is an excellent anti-inflammatory. Take it according to the label instructions until redness and soreness subside.
- Apply grapes! Grape seed, that is. Grape seed extract is an antioxidant superstar. Studies published on the PubMed.com website have shown that skin treated with grape seed extract (GSE) and other plant polyphenols can inhibit, reverse or retard the harmful effects of UV-damaged skin. A-Cute Derm offers pharmaceutical-grade (99.9% pure) grade Grape Seed Serum which is 96% grape seed concentration serum that will moisturize and begin healing your skin on contact. The additional 4% of ingredients are all antioxidants! We also offer a Grape Seed Lotion in a 27% concentration of pharmaceutical-grade grape seed extract. This will also have a cooling and calming effect on your skin.
- Another effective healing agent is our E2 Serum. Emu oil has long been used for treating burns as it greatly accelerates the healing process. Guaranteed to keep your skin moist as it is loaded with Omega 3 fatty acids, something the skin absolutely craves!
- Leave Blisters intact. If blisters form, don’t break them. Not only will that slow the healing process but it also increases your risk of infection.
- Treat peeling skin gently. Let your body exfoliate the damaged skin unassisted. It is especially important to use good moisturizers like grape seed and Emu oil to keep peeling skin moist.
- Last, consult a doctor for treatment if you have a severe sunburn that covers a large portion of your body with blisters, if sunburn is accompanied by a high fever or severe pain, or if severe sunburn doesn’t begin to improve within a few days.
Most importantly, do everything you can to prevent future episodes of sunburn. And if you did not wear a great, high quality sunscreen to start, better try our Pro-Tect Sunscreen before it happens again. You need to minimize your increased risk of skin cancer, which is cumulative over your lifetime.